need Subaru hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is fixing up a Subaru Outback for his step-daughter and needs a hood. It is a 2001 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon, although he says the wagon and sedan use the same hood (at least for that year). He has checked OKC, Tulsa and Wichita. He found one in Rogers, AR, but that's a 4.5-hour drive each way. They have one (even the right color) in Colorado Springs, but freight would be 2.5 times the cost of the hood to get it here! I thought some of you folks might know of some other salvage yards around that might have something. Any leads are much appreciated!

Don

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried Riverside Auto Salvage in OKC? The guy at the counter can be a bit blunt, but overall I've always has good experiences there.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe he did, but he will now. I know he concentrated on salvage yards that specialized in imports, so he may have missed some good bets. If he found the right deal, he would likely replace both front fenders as well, but the hood is a 'must have.' The fenders are fully functional, just not very straight. Thanks for the tip @Catt57!

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe he did, but he will now. I know he concentrated on salvage yards that specialized in imports, so he may have missed some good bets. If he found the right deal, he would likely replace both front fenders as well, but the hood is a 'must have.' The fenders are fully functional, just not very straight. Thanks for the tip @Catt57!

No problem, and here.. http://riversidesalvageokc.com/ FYI, call them, the online inventory is not so up to date.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom