Need1903a3 barrel removal and parkerize in okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need1903a3 barrel removal and parkerize my okc
Need barrel removed with proper wrench
Need parkerize
I live in okc but can mail it.
Anybody know any gunsmiths that can do this on the cheap so I can send it to the CMP?

Thanks
Bill.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exhausted all leads I have searched the web for. Contacted about 50 people. CMP said they could either do the whole gun for $200 or have me send it in, have them send it to me (or better off Schiff's) and they can parkerize it before CMP puts the new barrel on. Schiff's will do it for $75. I don't even want to pay the $75 and defiantly don't want to pay $200. It was a barreled receiver and I purchased all NOS parts. They dont really need to be reparkerized as everything is new besides the barrel and the receiver. The barrel is ate up from shooting and not cleaning. Thank you for the input though. You just can't beat New old Stock parts though.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out exactly what your wanting.
1. You need someone to remove the old barrel. got that part
2. who is installing the new barrel?
3. It should be parked after all work is done and really should have all parts parked at the same time so they match.
It'll look like crap if some are Black, some Grey, some Green.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rifle was a chromed funeral rifle from the VFW. It was a barreled receiver when I got it. It had a 1903 stock.
I rusted the chrome off the receiver and need it parkerized.
I also have a NOS barrel. I didn't want to rust the chrome off because the inside is rusted from firing blanks and not cleaning it besides, not even I have that much time. It takes a while to remove chrome with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and then sand that rust off to a nice shine as I don't own a bead blasted.

I need
1. barrel removed
2. receiver parkerized, probably at Schiff's for $75.00
3. new old stock barrel installed and finish reamed to accept a go gauge for $75.00 from CMP.

Barrel is Manganese phosphate parkerized and I'm researching if the receiver should be zinc or Manganese parked because it is a mid 1943 serial number.

Mind you that this started as a barreled receiver and all parts are black parked or blued from the manufacturer Remington etc. The only thing that isn't Remington is a Bonnie forge bolt. A NOS Remington is big bucks for me. I needed a new bolt because of the new barrel, besides, everything else is new so why not. BF bolts were purchased as castings and machined by Springfield during the manufacturer of the 1903a3...don't know what they used in the 1903 because I haven't researched it yet.
Thanks
I hope that will give you sufficient knowledge to help me find someone to remove the barrel and park the receiver. Removing the barrel is like removing the glass from a car before painting it inside and out. It's a small detail but if it's found out you didn't do it then you could be the butt of many jokes. I'm replacing the barrel anyway so it has to happen at some point and mailing a receiver is cheaper than mailing a barreled receiver.

Thanks again in advance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom