New addition to the collection part duece

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa always used a Browning Sweet 16 to hunt quail. It was the first real firearm I ever shot, when I was maybe six years old. Even with my dad standing behind me, it about knocked me on my butt. I'd love to have it, but it, unfortunately, went through a house fire in the early '80s, and I'm not sure where it even is these days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love that pump shotty! I used to do Clay's and I was 9/10 hitting doubles when I was 18.
Your the only person who's ever seen this gun and knew what that compensator was LOL
I owned a JC Higgins 12 ga pump gun that sported the Cutts Compensator. It worked well, but purists called it a blob on the end of the barrel, and it went into antiquity.
Nice collection of memories lying on display.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandpa always used a Browning Sweet 16 to hunt quail. It was the first real firearm I ever shot, when I was maybe six years old. Even with my dad standing behind me, it about knocked me on my butt. I'd love to have it, but it, unfortunately, went through a house fire in the early '80s, and I'm not sure where it even is these days.
Yep dad had one of them old trigger sweet 16s. Brother owns it now as I told him I didnt care which but I'd like to have one of them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Papa had both the Browning Sweet 16, which is what shot a couple cases of shells every year through. And the Winchester Model 12 16ga, which was his "loaner" and what I used.

Uncle got the Browning, then it was supposed to come to me, but his step-son-in-law claims he has no idea where it went.

Winchester was supposed to come to me, but my cousin mysteriously ended up with it and then lost it?

Would love to get them, but they aren't worth fighting over. If they can live with knowing the truth, so be it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom