New addition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
dang it, just rub it in why don't ya! patiently keeping a lookout for a plainfield for the cost reason.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked it up from worldwarsupply on eBay. The color is actually closer to OD7 even though it looks OD3 in my photos. They seem to be the best quality repros that are being sold right now. The material, weave, and stampings all look very similar to a 1942 dated pouch that I have. They also offer the khaki color as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-WW2-30...113?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a87e876e1

Is the 42 pouch a belt or stock pouch? I had some later canvas type stock pouches that had shrunk with age.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe all WWII dated pouches are "stock pouches" even though they were designed for use on the M1936 pistol belt and were only installed on stocks after servicemen figured out that they would fit. All of the pouches that I have seen with belt loops (open back, no snap) have been post-WWII dated. Those types will not fit the carbine stocks unless they have been modified.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes have you had it on your carbine? Im wondering if these type shrink as bad as the canvas?

I have not attempted to but the dimensions of the pouch are still the same as the repro. I picked the pouch out of two '42 dated pouches that I found on a table at the last Claude Hall show ($15 ea. or $25 for both). The other had shrunk pretty significantly. It looked like it may have been laundered at one point. As long as the pouches haven't been machine dried, you can normally get them to stretch back out by getting them wet, stretching them over a beater stock, and installing mags while they're still damp.

Latest posts

Top Bottom