New ATF proposal to criminalize pistol braces

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should have heard by now that the BATFE is publishing their latest proposed "rule change" regarding pistol braces. The comment period for such is supposed to open tomorrow, Thursday, June 10th. The proposed rule would, for all intents and purposes, put virtually all pistol braces under the NFA solely on subjective and sometimes conflicting criteria.

WE need to submit comments against this proposed rule change in unprecedented numbers so that the BATFE and the DOJ will back down and scrap this dangerous attempt to restrict our 2nd Amendment guaranteed rights and turn many of us into criminals based solely on opinion and whim.

By the way, this is a new rule change. If you responded to the rule change proposed last fall, you will have to respond again. None of those responses will be carried over.

For more information, see this excellent info page created by the Firearms Policy Coalition: SaveTheBraces.com

Lhecker51

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then I’ll just add a stock and say forget it. I have had it with these tyrants. We have the 2A but are too dang gutless to use it. That’s why this crap keeps happening. They don’t care what we have to say.
I will not comply. They did not buy it and I am not selling it to them. What is our governor's stance on enforcing federal laws that violate our rights? How is he protecting us from federal threat? I better not hear of a single Oklahoma LEO enforcing this insanity. If they can have sanctuary state for illegals, we must be a sanctuary state for our 2nd Amendment rights.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not comply. They did not buy it and I am not selling it to them. What is our governor's stance on enforcing federal laws that violate our rights? How is he protecting us from federal threat? I better not hear of a single Oklahoma LEO enforcing this insanity. If they can have sanctuary state for illegals, we must be a sanctuary state for our 2nd Amendment rights.
We are a second amendment sanctuary state. Rogers county is a second amendment sanctuary county as well.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are a second amendment sanctuary state. Rogers county is a second amendment sanctuary county as well.
We will see what this amounts to when the feds really start trying to come after us. They will try and pick us off one by one. They are cowards. And all the tyrants deserve death.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WE need to submit comments against this proposed rule change in unprecedented numbers so that the BATFE and the DOJ will back down and scrap this dangerous attempt to restrict our 2nd Amendment guaranteed rights and turn many of us into criminals based solely on opinion and whim.
But I thought they were "God given"? How do we keep losing them?

And I'm still trying to find the part of the Constitution where the BATF is tasked with writing and/or interpreting law, much less where the BATF is to exist at all.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is another one of those “solutions looking for a problem”. The criminal use of braces must be so very low that it is not even categorized. There are far more significant areas they could be investigating.

Every time we come up with a “work-around”, somehow that becomes a major issue. We need to do a better job of playing the politics/public relations game. Surely, with the NRA, GOA, OK2A, etc., there is bound to be some smarter heads that can improve our game plan.

I don’t have the answer, but what we have been doing hasn’t been working.

Latest posts

Top Bottom