New Car Tag scenario in Okla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure why but there’s a new car tag thing now.
Guessing part of it was to eliminate the 2,3,&4 year old paper tags problem out there.

But now when you buy a vehicle the state sends you a tag with temporary stickers on it. It an actual metal tag. I didn’t have to go to the tag office or anything. It just showed up in the mail.

Talked to a relative who works in the local tag office and she said it just replaces the paper tag they used to put on them and my registration should show up within a couple weeks.

You have two months to get it registered. Here’s my slightly edit one.

IMG_0860.jpeg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 days from date of purchase for the pre registration, the plate is sent to your house with temporary decals.
, you have 10 days to get the plate on the vehicle, then up to 60 days to get it registered.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 days from date of purchase for the pre registration, the plate is sent to your house with temporary decals.
, you have 10 days to get the plate on the vehicle, then up to 60 days to get it registered.

Thanks I couldn’t remember exactly what all they said but that all sounds familiar.

After thinking about it a bit I’m not really sure why they changed but it is a much cooler looking plate.

GaryOkie

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I couldn’t remember exactly what all they said but that all sounds familiar.

After thinking about it a bit I’m not really sure why they changed but it is a much cooler looking plate.
They registered mine for me. Put the tag on the plate and sent the Title to the Lienholder.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They told me it was basically the same on the backside of this. Should be pretty normal, which would be it showing up with the lien on it. The two months will help though. Bought a couple in the past and they barely arrived in time to get registered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom