New Colt Python ...Help/Opinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All!!!

I have a chance to purchase a new-2020,-Colt Python.

Noooo, not for the suggested price at $1500, but at $1800. Yes I want it for a shooter but have heard, read, and saw on YouTube issues that I'm concerned about.

1st. New Python: Is it worth the price quoted me? 4" barrel/ stainless brand new.

2nd. Should I wait until this time next year for Colt to work out the issues with the NEW Python?

3rd. Has anyone you know or have you purchased the NEW Python??? Is it as smooth as I keep hearing..."like" the older Pythons?

NO...I am not comparing nor do I want a pi**ing match or comments on the Old-vs-New Python. I DO want comments on the NEW Python and it's action...yes I know it has less parts and is a little different than the old one.

4th. Calm down and wait for a few more months up to a year on the NEW Python? I'm more concerned about the timing/short stroke/action issues on the early ones...so if I purchase the one quoted I'll have to look up the ones/serial numbers on the problem Pythons. I just hate issues on a new gun!!!

Thanks!!!

Just a picture for reference
IMG_1296.jpg

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want one, but personally I'm willing to wait rather than pay the msrp plus they are going for right now. I think at some point they'll get down to maybe twelve or thirteen hundred, but it may be a year give or take.

Not sure what to make of the QC issues, Colt claims there are only a handful out of thousands that have been returned... but if that's true, somehow almost all of the "defective" ones ended up in the hands of youtubers. All the same, I would have no concern about Colt fixing it if you happened to get one with problems. I don't doubt MOST of them are okay, just not sure I trust Colt's percentages.

I would take it if it was significantly under $1500 and I could look it over real good, but I don't plan to pay a premium to get one soon. I do plan to get one eventually. That's just me, though. Depends how bad you want it right now.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would wait. The new versions from Colt are good imo but the price will come down. Many models sell for 65-75% of MSRP by national sellers. The Python may take awhile but will come down to below MSRP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom