New Diesel owner and a quick question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went a purchased a 2003 Diesel Ford Excursion 4x4 and as with most used vehicles it’s going to need a few repairs. Is there a good/great diesel repair shop in the Tulsa area? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Diesel power plus does a good job but they are very costly. We started going to RC auto and have been just as happy for less money

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I went a purchased a 2003 Diesel Ford Excursion 4x4 and as with most used vehicles it’s going to need a few repairs. Is there a good/great diesel repair shop in the Tulsa area? Thanks

Most of the stuff on a 7.3 a DIYer can do with pretty basic tools. my '01 7.3 has surprised me at how easy it was to work on.

an '03 with a 7.3 is basically a unicorn so congratulations on the find. I hate those 4 speed autos but they can be upgraded easily enough.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the stuff on a 7.3 a DIYer can do with pretty basic tools. my '01 7.3 has surprised me at how easy it was to work on.

an '03 with a 7.3 is basically a unicorn so congratulations on the find. I hate those 4 speed autos but they can be upgraded easily enough.
Yessir a Unicorn exactly. My curiosity of whether or not he had captured the rare creature is why I asked the question above. I've seen some 7.3 Excursions sell for a significant premium. Especially if they're fixed up real nice.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We loved our 02' Excursion 7.3l, best family vacation ride we've had. Drive from NE OK to Colorado Springs, and then drive around a few days on the same tank of fuel.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pick this one up last week and drove it back to the Tulsa area from Amarillo. It has 174k miles on it and it’s a limited trim package. My wife calls it a bus, I call it a tank. As far as working on it, I’ve worked on my gas powered vehicles, changing oil, u-joints, shocks and brakes, and don’t have a problem doing that on this one, but there’s a oil leak from the top of the motor and being new to the diesel world I really don’t want to mess something up. Been reading about the 7.3 and I set a goal of getting 500k out of this motor. This website has some good information on the 7.3 leaks, etc.

https://deadheaddiesel.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom