New Form 4473 coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Among other changes, I thought this was interesting language that's just been added to form 4473...... Buyer certification language inserted right before the buyer signs the form:

Transferee/Buyer Certification: Clarifies that the repetitive purchase of firearms for the purpose of resale for livelihood and profit without a Federal firearms license is violation of Federal law.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just sounds like they are making people aware that it's illegal by putting it on the form. I'm curious as to the intended target though Cowcatcher.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wonder how they plan to actually enforce that little bit of additional info? Since they do such a great job on the question about the signer being the actual transferee/buyer.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait . . . I have a copy of a 4473 with revised date of Oct 2016 that already has that statement in there above the buyer signature line and addresses the user to the instructions for question 14 if they need clarification of the statement.

Are they just moving the section?

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait . . . I have a copy of a 4473 with revised date of Oct 2016 that already has that statement in there above the buyer signature line and addresses the user to the instructions for question 14 if they need clarification of the statement.

Are they just moving the section?
Hah, you're right! My google search pulled up the last revision in 2017.. That statement has been in there a few yrs... My bad..

I'll check the email I received today a little closer.......... I just know that the new form is taking place in November of this year.... Probably messing with the "gender" language...

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, sorry for the mis-read on my part. The new form looks like is putting the info about the firearm as the first thing to be filled out--before the buyers name, address, etc. Also added a new box to check under sex: "non-binary".......

Also, added a place to put info on "military orders", for those stationed out of state...

Seems relatively harmless for the most part.

Sorry, for the false alarm,,,,,,,,,,and thanks to BobbyV for catching it!!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hah, you're right! My google search pulled up the last revision in 2017.. That statement has been in there a few yrs... My bad..

I'll check the email I received today a little closer.......... I just know that the new form is taking place in November of this year.... Probably messing with the "gender" language...

I think that you are right about the gender language. I wish that they would get rid of the whole "Hispanic" or "Non Hispanic" section.
In today's climate I am amazed that this ever was and still is on the form.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That question is on many forms, and I have never read a reason for including it. It certainly does seem out of step with society.

I just had a brief flash of memory, didn't this first begin to appear during the Obama years?

Latest posts

Top Bottom