New GM Diesel?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014...road-pickups-ready-to-wander/?intcmp=features

It’s a pickup truck nerd’s dream come true.

Although it didn’t go out of its way to advertise them, General Motors left a couple of 4x4 surprises at the Detroit Auto Show.

We’ve already been told that the 2015 GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado midsize pickups will be available with special off road packages that include unique wheels, tires and suspensions geared toward the great outdoors.

We’ve also been informed that both trucks will offer diesel engine options starting in 2016, the only ones in their class.

Well, it turns out those two great things may be going together.

Poke around the stands of each of the brands and you’ll find prototypes of both a Canyon All Terrain and a Colorado equipped with the 2.8-liter four-cylinder Duramax diesel.

If they make it to showrooms, and we’re told that they will, there will be nothing else like them on the dirt road.

Fuel economy ratings for the trucks haven’t been revealed yet, but the combination of these features has the potential to deliver some serious deep woods action.

Now if GM would just throw in the six-speed manual available on the base models of the trucks…hey, a nerd can dream, right?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, putting a small diesel into a small to midsize truck will get deeper into the woods than if you have a stock factory engine? If I want an off road diesel I'll buy a mid 70s K5 blazer and throw a Cummins 4bt in and be done with it.

I don't know if there is a vehicle from GM that I'd own.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toyota won't bring their small diesel over so GM wants to be first. Good for them. I won't buy one. And if they don't sell, I don't think it will be because of the diesel engine. It will be because the Tacoma DOMINATES the small truck market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom