New Gun Range in Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex52e

New to the site!
Reaction score
If you have any questions please contact Sgt. Everett's at
639-1011 or on our website at sgteveretts.com

Do you offer any kind of handgun familiarization courses? My mom is thinking about getting a handgun but she knows nothing about them. She doesn't want a concealed permit she just wants to have one for peace of mind around the house.

I will be helping her pick one out when I go there in a couple of weeks and I am currently looking for somewhere that will let her try several before she buys one. I would still like her to have a class on safety, cleaning, technique, etc.

Oh yeah, I am in Afghanistan so I can't call and I couldn't find an email address either.

azmrb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do you offer any kind of handgun familiarization courses? My mom is thinking about getting a handgun but she knows nothing about them. She doesn't want a concealed permit she just wants to have one for peace of mind around the house.

I will be helping her pick one out when I go there in a couple of weeks and I am currently looking for somewhere that will let her try several before she buys one. I would still like her to have a class on safety, cleaning, technique, etc.

Oh yeah, I am in Afghanistan so I can't call and I couldn't find an email address either.
Alex, you and your mom can rent a variety of handguns at H&H gun range in OKC.

I-40 & Meridian Area (Facing I-40)
H&H Gun Range & Shooting Sports Outlet
400 South Vermont, Suite 110
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73108-1034

Phone: (405) 947-3888

I think they also offer gun familiarization classes.

Good Luck and stay safe.

Reaction score
A friend and I went and did a little shooting today at the new range. Everyone there was very nice. I signed up for the basic membership. First time walking into the range, I was blown away by the sight of all the WOOD. Wow, I think I read somewhere that they cleaned out several lumber yards around town. This is no joke. However, the look of the wood is very nice and different than I am used to seeing. Very clean and neat. It was a little warm in there, but we got used to it. It will be much better when the ventilation system is completed and there is more air circulating. It is true, there is no mechanical target retrieval system, just a rope/pulley setup (you lazy people need some arm workouts anyway :nutkick:). All in all, once they get more shooters, the place can only grow and get better. I am very excited to have a range so close that I can go do some blasting.

:clap3: :clap3:

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went by the range and was shocked and impressed with the construction.
It is ALL WOOD.

I mean the walls are lined with 2x6 stacked up with the 2 inch edge facing out. The ceiling is made of wood. The bays are made of wood. The backstop is made of wood. I talked to the guy working there and he gave me a tour. There is steel plate behind the wood.
Like other ranges in the area there is no air conditioning.
I didn't count but it seemed like there were 20 bays in there. The range goes to about 20-25 yards.

With nobody shooting I couldn't tell how well the ventilation works but behind the shooting line, up about 8 feet high, there were ducts that would suck the air out.

I checked out the pully system and it looks functional. Not powered but it'll get the targets back and forth.

No plans to sell guns but they're working on getting an ammo supplier and would sell ammo.

$8 to shoot
$20 membership lets you shoot for $5.

I think it was $120 or $150 for yearly membership, all you can shoot.

$50 ccw classes until August, then the price is going up to $60.
From Norman go north on 77 till you get to the York Plant. Get on the frontage road "York Drive" then you'll see it there on the East side of the freeway. There are a bunch of signs directing you to the parking lot.

The office was basically an empty room with a desk and the building is brand new. There was a classroom and I could hear a CCW class in progress.

I think if It is less than 90 degrees outside it will be on my to-do list.

Maybe a range report with pictures?

Protrident

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went by this weekend, LOVE the wood! Yup, it's hot, but it was explained to me that an AC unit recycles air, and you can't recycle all these fumes, got to vent them overboard.

Manual pulley system for now, mechanical in the works.

They plan to double the Ventilation system.

Military and LE discounts for memberships. Nice people, very close to my house! I like.

Voodoochile

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by today...looks nice..I asked the guy behind the counter if I could bring my 9mm rifle or my .22 rifle..he said he'd have to ask but probably not..if someone could get ahold of the owner and check it would be nice to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom