New Kimber Solo Carry 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they are trying to one up Sig's P238. The Kimber Solo will also be a SA but it is striker fired. Interesting gun that I will definitely check out. The Kimber MSRP is $725.

OkieIron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
:w000t: I checked out this little jewel yesterday and it was awesome. H&H just put it out on display and were taking 100 dollar deposits. Said it could a couple of months before they actually get em to the store. I couldn't help myself, I had to get it. The quality of the gun, compared to my lcp, helped in the descision. I was waiting for the lc9, but it won't be as nice as this Kimber.
The trigger was amazing, especially compared to the kahr and my lcp.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
with units for sale to follow in appx. 1 month.

Said it could a couple of months before they actually get em to the store.

Yep...our sales rep indicated a wait of 60-90 days. It is rare for Kimber to make a promise they can't keep.

Being in the business I really appreciate they way they rolled this out. The sample just showed up. We were told 10 dealers in the country got one. This worked out way better than when companies send a gun to a writers who does a story which appears in a magazine 6 months before the piece goes into production. I hate getting those phone calls!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Specs here:

Kimber America Solo Carry

Shorter (height) than the Rohrbaugh R9, but slightly longer. 17oz with an aluminum frame sounds pretty good to me.

Hmmmm, spec sheet shows width as 1.2" and capacity as 6 + 1. Compare: Glock 19 is 1.18" wide and the Kahr K9, P9, and CW9 are .90" wide with 7 + 1capacity. I will still want to check one out but...wondering why it's so fat?

OkieIron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...our sales rep indicated a wait of 60-90 days. It is rare for Kimber to make a promise they can't keep.

Being in the business I really appreciate they way they rolled this out. The sample just showed up. We were told 10 dealers in the country got one. This worked out way better than when companies send a gun to a writers who does a story which appears in a magazine 6 months before the piece goes into production. I hate getting those phone calls!!

If it's here in 90 days I'll be super happy.

When you say 10 dealers, do you mean 10 gun shops? Or 10 Kimber dealers that sale to multiple gun shops?

Latest posts

Top Bottom