New p226 x5 legion released

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://battlehawkarmory.com/produc...-legion-4.4-xray-3-320rd-grayblack-txg-pistol

Wonder if they fixed the extractor.

I personally don’t care for it, and I may be a recovering sig fan boy who owns more than one first gen x5.

The U.S. made P226 X pistols have external extractors now, so I doubt that they have any issues. I'll be picking up a STAS at some point in the future.

Not really a fan of the Legion version either, mainly due to the useless expansion chamber on the slide. As a competition pistol, you'd have to use it in 3 gun, since you'd be stuck in open division in USPSA. Installing tungsten grips on an alloy frame doesn't really make sense either. The pistol either needs to be light or a heavyweight. I would have rather Sig produced an optic ready US version of an X-Five Tactical (5" SAO with alloy frame), which is one of the best P series pistols ever produced.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The U.S. made P226 X pistols have external extractors now, so I doubt that they have any issues. I'll be picking up a STAS at some point in the future.

Not really a fan of the Legion version either, mainly due to the useless expansion chamber on the slide. As a competition pistol, you'd have to use it in 3 gun, since you'd be stuck in open division in USPSA. Installing tungsten grips on an alloy frame doesn't really make sense either. The pistol either needs to be light or a heavyweight. I would have rather Sig produced an optic ready US version of an X-Five Tactical (5" SAO with alloy frame), which is one of the best P series pistols ever produced.
I have a 1st gen five tactical. I like it.

I’d rather have a 2011 at the price point of the new x-fives

Latest posts

Top Bottom