New paddle fish state record!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang. Can you imagine seeing that thing looking at you on a night dive? Talk about gettin' "warm in the wetsuit"!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was a story going around about 2 divers that worked for the government inspecting damns. The story says they dived to check a damn, no idea what lake, and only 1 came back scared out of his mind. Said the other was eaten by a huge catfish living at the base of the damn. I am sure it is just a fish tale but it is possible I guess.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was a story going around about 2 divers that worked for the government inspecting damns. The story says they dived to check a damn, no idea what lake, and only 1 came back scared out of his mind. Said the other was eaten by a huge catfish living at the base of the damn. I am sure it is just a fish tale but it is possible I guess.

Most likely, if a diver did die because of a catfish, it was because he got his hand into the catfish’s mouth and the fish got wedged in its lair. The diver then ran out of air or panicked and drowned.

Doubt it was a fish, though. Probably caught in underwater debris.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the exception of one diver being swallowed, that story has been told about a lot of different dams. Usually a guy was diving below the dam, came up as white as a ghost, and described catfish bigger than he was. Probably an urban legend.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cat-o-nine-tales-2/

Latest posts

Top Bottom