New respect for the PSSH-41

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoyed this post very much. I have handled many of these guns in my career in the military and think they are a blast to shoot. I was well informed by your post on the history of these guns. Thank you very much for the information.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've handled a Type 50 that belongs to a friend. His father mailed it back (with a fully loaded drum!) to his family during the war.
Unfortunately, they de-activated it rather than pay the $200 registration fee during the 1968 amnesty. Still a neat piece of history.
Great original post. Love the pics.

The Communist Chinese copied this gun and called it The Type 50. It shot a 35 round box magazine or a 71 round drum.

My father was in the Korean War back in the early 1950's, in the Marine Corp. He mentioned this gun, and it was nick named the "Burp" gun because of the unique sound it made when fired.

***He also mentioned that he had the wonderful opportunity to seperate the shooter from his weapon.....three times he had the chance to bring the Type 50 home. Instead, he left it with the recently deceased shooter.

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom