New ROs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Robbie and I went to the RO class in Tontitown this weekend with Troy McManus. It was a fun course and I learned a bunch. Some good guys from Arkansas in the class. I got DQed in the practical at the end. I had my finger in the trigger guard when moving from one side of a barricade to the other. I'll learn from it but hope it does not cost me getting certified. Troy asked me if I did it on purpose and I guess I could have said yes but I really didn't even know it and said so. We'll see. It was good information anyway and if I passed, I'll feel better about running people in matches.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mikey, good to see yaou at Oil Capitol today. How did the rear sight work out for ya today?

Good to see you all too!

Honestly, not too good. That configuration sucks for weak hand/stronghand.

I think a longer rear plane acts like an azimuth (?) to where I can aim faster with a less steady grip.

For Hoser stuff, its the ticket.

WHich reminds me, I have some 20's in my range bag!!!:w000t:

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is official. Got the test back in the mail today and the certificate, patch, etc. Made a 94% on the test. I just have to practice those official range commands....too many times listening to bubber has me messed up.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did mine with Troy "McMeanus" (his official nickname) also. He's also answered a couple of questions for me on rule applications via email.

Congratulations and welcome to the NROI club!!
Now get out there and do some officiating while it is all still fresh!

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know when/where the next RO class is? I'd like to get certified.

Heres what ya do. It should be easy since you guys have so many shooters at the okc matches (and so many new shooters)

Get the local club/range to host a class. Contact the OK section coordinator and nroi, they'll hook you up with Troy or another available instructor. They charge a modest fee plus transportation and lodging. If you get 20 or more shooters to commit, the cost per person is quite low.

Latest posts

Top Bottom