New Ruger 1911 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well damn. They just had to do it. I was holding out hope too.
At least they didn't try to print the damn thing on the side of the slide.... :grumble:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v221_tokarev_Ruger_201911_20Pistol_P1010803.jpg

Looks like something Mike could take care of pretty easily.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well damn. They just had to do it. I was holding out hope too.
At least they didn't try to print the damn thing on the side of the slide.... :grumble:

I guess if they had to do it that's the best place to have it. I'm just glad it's not on the side. I started saving up my 'she-money' (money she don't know about) as soon as I saw this thread. A couple of dollars here and a few dollars there. In a year I hope to have enough. One way or another I'm going to own a Ruger 1911. :)

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:confused: It would make sense on the end of a barrel too.

Gun looks cool but to be honest I don't think I'd buy just because of that disclaimer. The 1911 is such a timeless clean classic and they go and stamp that **** on there. It would make me cringe every time I turned the gun upside down and looked at the dust cover. Why don't we just slap John Browning in the face?

I agree. Unless its priced really low, I'd rather get a Springfield. The only place I've seen pre-ordering them is asking $759. For that kind of money I'd get a Range Officer any day over the Ruger...at least until they've been out for awhile and I know what kind of trigger/accuracy they have.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess if they had to do it that's the best place to have it. I'm just glad it's not on the side. I started saving up my 'she-money' (money she don't know about) as soon as I saw this thread. A couple of dollars here and a few dollars there. In a year I hope to have enough. One way or another I'm going to own a Ruger 1911. :)

I've started saving too except my wife knows. A few dollars each week or until my money tree matures... and I'll be looking at purchasing one of these, preferably in a compact version.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's the cover gun with a 1500 round test in the new issue of Shooting Times.1500 rounds,no cleaning,multiple ammos,no malfunctions,pretty impressive for a 1911.Novak dovetailed 3 dot sights and 4.5# trigger.All at a msrp of $799.Ruger may have a hit here.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the cover gun with a 1500 round test in the new issue of Shooting Times.1500 rounds,no cleaning,multiple ammos,no malfunctions,pretty impressive for a 1911.Novak dovetailed 3 dot sights and 4.5# trigger.All at a msrp of $799.Ruger may have a hit here.

They took the awesome combat pistol JMB designed, avoided all the Fudd/bullseye crap that kills the 1911 as a reliable combat pistol, and added legitimate improvements.

OG JMB updated for the 21st Century ITT

ai.imgur.com_qz8Jw.gif

You down with J.M.B.? (Yeah you know me!)

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1500 rounds,no cleaning,multiple ammos,no malfunctions,pretty impressive for a 1911.Novak dovetailed 3 dot sights and 4.5# trigger.All at a msrp of $799.Ruger may have a hit here.

Typical Ruger quality and bang for the buck in my experience. I wouldn't have expected otherwise. But it's nice to see it confirmed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom