New Ruger 1911 pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching the review I have to say...... I really, really want one.

Ruger is going to wind up with a lot of my future gun dollars, I hear the Scout rifle calling to me as well!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got to handle one today. I was in Duncan and stopped by Murfs for some powder and there it was, sitting on the counter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Best way I know how to put it is, it was delicious! Tight. Quality fit, finish and feel. Even the warning on the bottom was done well enough that it wasn't at all garish. Unfortunately it had just been sold and they only had the one. $625 was Murf's price. IMHO that's a bona fide bargain. Sitting right beside it, out on the counter, was an AR-15 with an SSAR-15 Slide Stock on it. They were playing videos they had made in someone's 'back yard' with the stock. I felt like a kid in a candy store and I wanted real bad to spend about three thousand American dollars. I think If I lived in Duncan (I get a 3 day hold because of my name no matter what) I would have gone into debt right then and there.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to handle one today. I was in Duncan and stopped by Murfs for some powder and there it was, sitting on the counter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Best way I know how to put it is, it was delicious! Tight. Quality fit, finish and feel. Even the warning on the bottom was done well enough that it wasn't at all garish. Unfortunately it had just been sold and they only had the one. $625 was Murf's price. IMHO that's a bona fide bargain. Sitting right beside it, out on the counter, was an AR-15 with an SSAR-15 Slide Stock on it. They were playing videos they had made in someone's 'back yard' with the stock. I felt like a kid in a candy store and I wanted real bad to spend about three thousand American dollars. I think If I lived in Duncan (I get a 3 day hold because of my name no matter what) I would have gone into debt right then and there.

How was the trigger on that Ruger? I really curious if it's really like they describe it.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had been saving for a Springfield Mil-Spec. But, this Ruger looks like it's going to knock it off my short list. The reviews I've read have been overall very positive. And the fact that the Ruger is 100-percent made in the USA, as compared to the Mil-Spec, is an added bonus.