New scope Bass pro brand Pursuit X1 very clear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking for a higher power scope than my 4-16x40 and it had to be clearer and brighter to my eyes.
My 4-16 was used to replace my 3-9x40 Nikon buckmaster..it was just as clear and bright but the buckmaster reticle was too thick and the 16 power was nice..although the scope was used on 14.5 most of the time..I could see bullet holes much easier than the Nikon.

I used the 4-16 for 4 years.
I now wanted more power with better clarity and even smaller reticle..

The Nikon covered 3/4" at 100 yards
My 4-16 covered 1/2". at 100 yards
The Pursuit covers about .200" at 100 yards...this is a guess..I set the center cross hairs on a 1/4" or .250" circle and could see a lot of the circle still..Not so small that game can't be acquired quickly.

I just purchased and used a Pursuit X1 6-24X44 The X1 has fully multicoated lenses and is crystal clear.
Even on full power..Eye relief if 4" to 3.7" really easy to get a sight picture..

I was going to get a muller or Vortex but my friends muller is really hard to get a sight picture..must get really close. And they never had the Vortex local that i wanted.

If you are in the market for a new scope..Head to bass pro and look through one.

I have only shot 30 rounds through mine on my .308..
I hope it lasts I can pick out .22 holes with ease at 100 yards like you are standing right there.
Held zero has AO and glass etched mil dot reticle.

Time will tell. If it dies you can always return it easily.

For those shopping for a scope go look through one of them for yourself..The X1 is different than the regular pursuit they have hanging on the shelf.
The X1 has better glass.
I think they have different powers of that also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom