NEW TIME for OKC Rifle Match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Andersen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with your methods Mike. I havent shot that many no-shoots in a while in a match, and had a bunch of little technique issues, but still had a blast. I think the difficulty level exposes the things we all need to work on, and makes everyone better in the long run.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had one mike; I missed
The right clay in the noshoot on the fort stage. I called it, and moved on.
Other than that, I didn't dope the
Wind on the LR stage. No reason, just didn't think about it. The heat was an excuse I guess, but I'll not forget that again.
Also, I was the first shooter and I went prone when I got to the last
Position and realized the long stuff wasn't visible. I definitely cut corners towards the end.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, don't beat yourselves up. Those stages were not easy. I designed and set them up, and still didn't do as well as I had hoped. I have quit designing beginner stages for us. This is why the OK shooters are doing so well in the big matches. We will try for another one of these soon.

M

What do you think is easier to setup/run, a rifle only match like this or a 3 gun match? I would assume a rifle only match. The reason I ask is that I would love to have some sort of long gun oriented match more often, say every month but I know a full on 3 gun match is a lot of work to setup and tear down every month. Would it be easier to get more shooting scheduled if we did rifle match, shotgun match, 3 gun match type deal or are there other issues that limit the amount of matches we can have?

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one mike; I missed
The right clay in the noshoot on the fort stage. I called it, and moved on.
Other than that, I didn't dope the
Wind on the LR stage. No reason, just didn't think about it. The heat was an excuse I guess, but I'll not forget that again.
Also, I was the first shooter and I went prone when I got to the last
Position and realized the long stuff wasn't visible. I definitely cut corners towards the end.

I had to guess where that 300 yard target was through the tall grass at position 3. I got lucky and hit it on my first squeeze. I wasn'st so lucky on the other positions.

Maybe my problem is that I am seeing the targets too well? :laugh6:

OUshooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did better than I thought I would considering all the problems I had with my 10/22.

Shooting with Cyrwus made me subconsciously raise my game I guess hehe.

Was S3 the mineshaft? After a week they all run together lol.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did better than I thought I would considering all the problems I had with my 10/22.

Shooting with Cyrwus made me subconsciously raise my game I guess hehe.

Was S3 the mineshaft? After a week they all run together lol.

Stage 3 was the mineshaft.
4 was Mikes backwards cowgirl on tbe horse.
5 was on the fort where you had to shoot from both sides.
6 was the long range.
1 was the weakhand ammo can.
2 was the bunch of no shoots in the center that you shot through.

Latest posts

Top Bottom