New to 3 gun Heavy Metal need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curly

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well fuk me! I guess I haven't been paying attention to our lonely HM shooter. Maybe you should come to the match with what you have, hunt down our HM champion and ask if he minds competing with you and your gear? Or you could just shoot tactical irons and laugh at those punks when you smoke them with your big bullets and pump gun:)
We actually had "2" ,two,II on our squad 1 FAL and 1 DPMS 308 and NO and I repeat NO scooters!!!!!!

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the bigger matches, there is a different division for heavy metal optic which allows for auto shotgun and optics on the .308. We are not that big so we try to keep it traditional irons and pump, but like Curly said, bring what you got and shoot it. We will find a division for you! :)

dogs bollux

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you have will be accepted in most matches as good HM gear, sometimes you will be required to shoot only a single stack, but these are major matches and you would have plenty of notice to the requirement. For your local matches that peentoo guy can answer your questions i hear he puts on a pretty good match. for your pistol plan on needing 3 to 4 mags since you will be less capacity than the hi cap guys, for SG try to get an extension that will allow you to get 8-9 rounds in to it, for a total of 9-10 rounds in the gun. Like the local guys said, make contact with them and they will help, we tend to be much more easy going than the pistol crowd, so getting help is easy.

BBD

OUshooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the bigger matches, there is a different division for heavy metal optic which allows for auto shotgun and optics on the .308. We are not that big so we try to keep it traditional irons and pump, but like Curly said, bring what you got and shoot it. We will find a division for you! :)

Not only will we find a division we will find you a squad. The .308 boys usually find our way onto 1 squad, not sure how but it just happens.

John Z Sr.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hard core, Heavy Metal is the GROWN UP division, ha ha, M1 Garand, Mossburg 500 18" Pump and S&W 625 in .45 ACP, that's how I roll!! Like many have said, show up and have fun while being safe, good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom