new to comp..need a ? answered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mikey - the last two posts clearly show that in addition to learning to shoot you better know the rules well in whatever sport you choose. You can learn an awful lot about the game by helping set up the matches, helping in the stat shack and going to an RO class.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do that in IDPA and you get 20 seconds added to your stage total. :)

You are correct sir. Some call it gaming i call it poor stage design. In that match the MD did a poor job in considering the different division when doing their stage design.

In IDPA every non -0 shot costs you at least .5 seconds per. It only takes half of that tine to aim and get all zeros.

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, with a little more math you can see it is a 15 point deficiet you lay down with a miss. 10 points of the miss and 5 for no A hit. On a 10 second 100 point stage you would glean 85 points with a miss for a HF of 8.5. Do a 2 second reload with an A hit and it becomes a 8.33 HF and if you do the reload in 1.5 seconds with an A hit and it becomes a 8.695 HF. It depends on you abilities and not just math.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, with a little more math you can see it is a 15 point deficiet you lay down with a miss. 10 points of the miss and 5 for no A hit. On a 10 second 100 point stage you would glean 85 points with a miss for a HF of 8.5. Do a 2 second reload with an A hit and it becomes a 8.33 HF and if you do the reload in 1.5 seconds with an A hit and it becomes a 8.695 HF. It depends on you abilities and not just math.

I did account for the miss -10 and loss of a hit -5 you just didnt read my post thoroughly.

I see the point you are making and you are 100% correct unfortunately in my hypothetical match you got DQ'd for being smart ass;). Lol!

P.S. We said the exact same thing except you assumed my buddy was a GM with his ability to get a 1.5 reload and an A. He was C class and would have probably have taken 3 seconds and shot a Charlie.

It depends on you abilities and not just math.

It doesnt depend on your abilities to use math like I did here. It depends on you knowing how fast/slow you can do things. No matter if you're your slow or fast the math doesn't change.

Bubber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse said:
I see the point you are making and you are 100% correct unfortunately in my hypothetical match you got DQ'd for being smart ass. Lol!

Jesse that's the first time I have been accused of being...smart... Not the first for the other though....:)
later rdd

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought of this thread after seeing the results of the Oil Cap match you and I shot last Sunday. If you look at the results for stage 5 and 6 which were accuracy stages , that is where Eric spanked me. Accuracy, Accuracy!
G

JDBrum

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So to sum things up, it's that simple equation that drives each of us to return to the range every weekend. Accuracy+ economy in motion= desired results. A simple equation on the surface but deep in the details.

G, I watched Eric spank us on the long distance shots and it was definitely deep in the details!

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to come watch the IDPA Nationals this week at USSA.

Many of the top IDPA/USPSA guys will be there. You can judge for yourself which is more important.

(but you'll seem them combine the "speed" with the "accuracy" thing)

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me - DO NOT try to go fast at first - I did this the other day - lets just say I finished the stage with ZERO points - the stages I took my time - I finished in the top quarter....

Accuracy first - speed will follow

Latest posts

Top Bottom