New to knives, recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Protech Strider design is a great auto knife. Good sized knife. Built like a tank. I had to have 3 of them.

image.jpg

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kershaw has a "Launch" series for about 100 dollars, traditional flip opening. I have the launch 3. It's been a great knife. Good luck on your search

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only can testify for the ones I own and the ones I own I love.

Benchmade:

Pagan and the Infidel...full size

Microtech:

Halo IV and a Combat Troodon

Protech:

Dark Angel

Paragon:

Para XD..........I really wanted the Estiletto but it was just waaaay to big.

Regular Autos...

Protech:

Godfather and Don....both large.

***Not my carry but display knives***

Numerous vintage Italian picklocks from the 1950's and 60's

Numerous American made "push buttons" from 1930's(ish) to the 1950's(ish)

***If you don't know***

When you display, not in your pocket, or just put them up I highly recommend to leave them "unloaded"....open....tension off the spring.

Also...buy the best or best name brand you can. I have owned a lot of Benchmades(sold 2 that they don't make anymore...the Spike..and regret) they hold their value and if you take care of them....dust the off...clean them....not sharpen to much(not to much blade missing)....you can still get a nice resale or trade value.

The one that's not an auto that I kick myself on selling but didn't know back then it would hold value was....

Buck 184....new in the box with all the accessories. Didn't care for Rambo style knives back then but I liked the Buck 184....bought it new at Walmart...sold it a year later unused.....dang!!!!

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fyi; Benchmade offers 30% discount on their website to millitary, vets, and first responders, or you can call them to set up. Set up account and discount applies at future purchases as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom