New to knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you're looking at fixed blades, you might also think about a Boker Ridgeback (the mass-produced version of Bill's ridgeback).

Not terribly expensive, solid design etc.

RugerSooner

Speedy Gonzalez
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trails End Knife Company in Owasso makes some beautiful and quality handcrafted knives. I got one as a gift and not more than a week later bought another. Excellent knives!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far, nobody has raised the important question. How much money you got? Depending on budget you might find a good folder and a good fixed blade instead of trying to compromise everything with just one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, this thread got me looking at knives again. I had a Boker folder pocket Damascus, and lost it when my cargo shorts got a hole in the pocket. You can officially call me whatever, but it was the "lady's" model. 33 layers of Damascus. Incredibly good steel.

Monday got on line and found the Gent 1 Boker on sale, and ordered one. Should be here this week. It has 71 layers of Damascus. Looking forward to getting it. I'll post pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom