new to me swedish 96

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the swedes usually considered a 3 bore shot out while we consider a 3 grade broke in! just one of the reasons these things make such good shooters.

Last edited:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my 1899 Oberndorf. These are the first batch of M96s and were made in Germany by Mauser while Gustafs was getting setup in Sweden. This one has the M96b threaded barrel which is essentially new. You can't see it in the pic but there is some red wax around the disk. When the barrels were considered shot out, the disk was removed and the hole was filled with wax. So this rifle had been shot out at some point.

i655.photobucket.com_albums_uu277_flatwins_04035083.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, Ronny. Though they weren't original to the M96, the threaded barrel can be fun. Ever thread on one of the blank firing adapters and run the wood practice ammo?

No, during the time I had it, I never ran across an adapter. I did have a small supply of wooden ammo, but I think I let it go with the rifle.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As little as 5 years ago, you could find nice swedes for as little as $200-250. A lot of the ones you see out there now are far less than pristine and a lot more expensive. Some of the prices they're trying to get on Gunbroker are ridiculous.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you get to run this baby this weekend. The Swedes are not a shoulder- burner like some of the other calibers though the shorter M94 has a bit more punch to it.

Last edited: