1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

new to me swedish 96

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by dlbleak, Apr 28, 2012.

1. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I want an M96 so bad.

2. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They're out there. If you can, try to locate a FSR shooting club M96 with diopter rear sight.

3. Boehlertaught

Boehlertaught Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Your rifle is really nice. I have a number of them. Some have the disc on the butt stock and some do not. Few have the bullet drop notes on the butt stock. I've shot all of the Swedes I have and they all shoot really well regardless of what the disc says. The one that shoots the best is the one I have competed with in the military bolt action matchs at Red Castle and OCR&GC. My son has also picked out a tack driver in his collection. These are really sweet shooting rifles. We have some of the adapters for shooting the wooden bullets; actually that's the Swedish blank adapter I believe it is called. I have not seen any of these adapters at the guns shows for quite some time.

4. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    thanks boehlertaught. i bekieve sarco still lists the wood firing adaptors as well as the ammo. still have not had a chance to play with this one at all.darnit!

QUOTE=Boehlertaught;1790005]Your rifle is really nice. I have a number of them. Some have the disc on the butt stock and some do not. Few have the bullet drop notes on the butt stock. I've shot all of the Swedes I have and they all shoot really well regardless of what the disc says. The one that shoots the best is the one I have competed with in the military bolt action matchs at Red Castle and OCR&GC. My son has also picked out a tack driver in his collection. These are really sweet shooting rifles. We have some of the adapters for shooting the wooden bullets; actually that's the Swedish blank adapter I believe it is called. I have not seen any of these adapters at the guns shows for quite some time.[/QUOTE]

5. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I have around 100 rounds of the wood ammo. It can be fired with or without the adapter. It's kind of fun and has virtually no recoil.

6. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    range report- i'm in love...this thing will make one hole with a five shot group at 50. the range was fairly busy and didn't get a chance to go out to 100. i shot sellier&ballot and winchester. the s&b was more accurate maybe due to its more true euro specs. with most of my factory ammo gone i am looking forward to loading for this beauty!

7. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Awesome! My yet-unfired-by-me 1899 will be going out this weekend.

8. Boehlertaught

Boehlertaught Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Wow Dlbleak...that's great shooting. And with store bought ammo! Really cool. If you're a hand loader I expect you can best that group somewhat. Well a smaller one-hole I guess. Your goal is to have one hole measuring .264" at 100 yards...well anyone can dream huh.
    Congrats on the great rifle.

9. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I had some of that its pretty fun to shoot.

10. LDA.45

LDA.45 Sharpshooter

I just latched onto a 1910, the stock has some dings but the metal is pristine...All matching except the cleaning rod.
    SO!!!..If anybody runs across a cleaning rod numbered 212, I am interested!!!