New ultrasonic cleaner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Santa brought a new RCBS ultrasonic cleaner. Its big enough to break down a full size 1911, to put inside, or some BCG's.

What is your favorite factory liquid for cleaning, and what is your favorite home brew?

Will any clean leading or copper fouling from a barrel?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use L&R Weapons Cleaning Solution and L&R Lubricating Solution for ultrasonic cleaning of firearms. The parts are stripped clean of fouling, grime, and oils. After using the cleaning solution you have to follow-up with the lubricating solution since the parts are stripped of oil. Never tried any home brews.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Copper fouling seems to be one of those cleaning problems that requires me to actually physically remove it with a brush. Even with a copper solvent and soak time i still have to run a brush through the barrel to get at it. Kind of like a power washer at a car wash, I still need that brush to remove anything more tenacious than dust.
For firearms parts, i have just used L.A.s totally awesome diluted 1:1 with water for a few minutes, never more than 10 that i can recall. That takes care of any carbon, lube or grime issues for me. Follow that up with a hot water rinse and compressed air to dry it out then im ready to re lube.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same here. I've yet to find a cleaner either commercially or home brew that does it all chemically. I run eds red in my sonic cleaner for gun parts, works good and provides a basic metal lube that allows me to take my time with the barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom