Newb from Grove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Newbie from up on grand lake. Been interested in light smithing and the possibility of putting together long range hunting rigs. Have a machine shop background, qa/qc although I have run manual machines in the past for basic parts. Have assembled several AR rifles from stripped receivers to finished product but wanting to transition into the bolt action arena. Hadn’t been hunting for several years and my youngest started bugging me to take him so that’s where we went. Ended up taking a decent doe on our first day in the field, Dec 23rd, about 5 minutes after legal shooting time. In the near future I have the opportunity to take as many Axis deer in central TX as I want as well as the chance to go on some backpack elk, bear, etc hunts that has piqued my interest in putting together lr/elr hunting rigs.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA @creekrat.
The wife and I have a place up there on grand right outside of Grove. I love it up there. I shoot a lot at "On Target" there in Grove when we are there.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:greetings:greetings:greetings

In the near future I have the opportunity to take as many Axis deer in central TX as I want as well as the chance to go on some backpack elk, bear, etc hunts that has piqued my interest in putting together lr/elr hunting rigs.

WOW! Sounds like you've got some really good friends or family!

Welcome!

-

Latest posts

Top Bottom