Newly registered to the site. Thought I’d introduce myself.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junk Yard Dog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Older fellow here, got out of the military here in 73. But been in / out Oklahoma since 69 or 70. Actually stumbled across this place a few month back. Been familiar with firearms since a tragic accident on Christmas Eve, 1956 that took my then aged 14 year old brother. Might I add the Gun killed my brother, due to carelessness of my brother. Fairly much sums up the edicts of today’s school shootings and mass killers. The .22 rifle was the vehicle of death, at the hands of carelessness or meanness or hate could even. I could expound further on this but I will leave it at that.

Me, I am a shooting enthusiasts have more Firearms than the law should allow (just kidding, and just an old saying) Don’t tell me about teaching my cold dead hands to give up. I’ve everything from Black Powder to an AR-. In almost every caliber. My tragic early years taught me respect and the dangers of carelessness but a deep law abiding responsibility of Firearms.

When Concealed Carry was first introduced in 1996 in Oklahoma I obtained a license and like a fool I never renewed in 2000, shame on me. Now 19 years later God bless Oklahoma we have Constitutional Carry and once again I am entered into the new SDA class scheduled for next Saturday in Duncan.

Junk Yard Dog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are glad you joined us, welcome to OSA. What is your choice of carry pistols now?
Thank you Sir. I really don’t have a favorite as I carry according to my needs, if I’m riding a motorcycle it is my .40 Springfield 3.8” Compact in my Shoulder rig. If in a vehicle my Kimber full size .45. Walking around I’ll just pocket carry a .380. So in essence whatever I’m carrying at any given moment is my favorite. I can’t carry a cannon as they are kinda cumbersome.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, cannon’s don’t really have the capacity thing going for them either. My EDC is a P365, most of the time now, and a Sig M11-A1 if I go bigger.

And sometimes I’ll just slip a SW 340PD .357 revolver in its Sticky Holster and go with that. It’s sorta like a miniature cannon, at least it feels like one just went off in your hand when you shoot it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom