Next Appleseed: Excalibur Sporting Goods in Afton, OK, September 18-19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just talked to Mike Nelson (the owner of Excalibur), and he confirmed that he will have .22 cal. Liberty Training Rifles for sale at the event. These are Marlin 795s and Ruger 10/22s that are set up with GI aperture sights from Tech Sights and a GI web sling, which make them ideal for an Appleseed and for inexpensive practice on a rifle that mimics the sight picture of a battle rifle. I've seen his prices, and they are very competitive.

He will also be stocking all the parts to upgrade your rifle to LTR standards... sling studs, 1 1/4" sling swivels, GI slings, and tech sights.

He has an assortment of other rifles, pistols, and shotguns for sale as well.

Mike also told me that his full trap range is all set up, so bring those scatterguns for after hours!

See you there!

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
oh come on Sept 18th!!!!I will be in the biggest gunline on the 11th then jump in the jeep and head to the afton shoot..I cant stand having to sit here and watch the days drag by...Waterman Ill. will be the greatest .we were on Fox news today guess this is going to be like Camp perry ..One big ole time of shooters from all over ...you should all try to come out and shoot with us while its still easy to get a slot.....Oh and LEO's are free now too come on out officers we can teach you to shoot that AR platform out to 500 easy ...look forward to this next months shoots....Thanks for all that have stuck in there with us ..Its only getting better with each shoot...

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I made the schedule kinda tight for anyone who is going to the '300' shoot in Illinois, but this was the only weekend in September that would work (the range owner does CC classes 2 weekends a month), and I wanted to get something on the schedule quick. I really wish I could go to Waterman... 300 rifles going off at once will be a hell of an experience to witness.

So did anyone catch the segment Fox and Friends did on the Appleseed Project yesterday morning? I thought it was pretty good. They treated us a lot more fairly than the New York Times did, that's for sure.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great!

A sling and at least 2 mags would be very beneficial for this class. If you can, zero it at 25m. A GI web sling or a M1907 sling is ideal for what we teach, but any sling will work.

Some sort of click-adjustable sights are recommended. Tech Sights makes a really nice set of GI-style aperture sights for the common .22s, as well as for the AK and SKS. Scopes are fine, as well.

Be ready for any weather. It is September in Oklahoma, after all. Pop-up canopies and rain gear would both be a great idea. Don't forget a shooting mat or piece of carpet to lie on, and elbow pads are a great idea, too.

This is also a great place to test any of your gear, like mag pouches, etc., in field positions.

Anybody who needs loaner rifles, let me or RWVA Shooter know and we will get you sorted out.

See you there!

TurnedTurtle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to Mike over at Excalibur and he is going to get me fixed up with Tech Sights and a sling for my 10/22.

Also, a friend of mine has agreed to go and will get registered in the next day or two. He may need a loaner rifle if he can't come up with his own, so I will let him know about your offer.

RWVA shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
You can figure that the rifles will be covered not for sure but we seem to make it happen so far..This locations nice and roomy but I still see someone getting burned by HOT Brass..lol I hope we have enough patches for all the shooters that are so close to shooting the scores..Its nice to see alot come back to shoot with us..One of these times we need to drag out a smoker and cook some beef..But remeber to drink water folks drink at least 4 bottles a day ...Then drink some more ..seeya in a week:hypnotize: Shoot rifleman ....210

Latest posts

Top Bottom