Next Cheap Milsurp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see anything coming in cheaper than Mosins in any quantity.

Ditto, you're not likely to encounter another surplus weapon as inexpensive and mass produced as the Mosin (17 million + rifles). I think after the stockpiles have eventually dried up, the days of "cheap" surplus rifles will have come and gone...

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No chance the AK falls out of favor and a large portion of the 75 million get shipped over and lower the price?

I'm no expert on the importation laws regarding AK's so this might be incorrect; but I do not think that it is legal to import fully assembled surplus AK variants into the US. I believe most rifles that you see are either early pre-ban imports or rifles assembled from parts kits here in the US after importation. Regardless, I don't think our govt would be particularly interested in anyone aquiring the weapons from the individuals that are currently stockpiling them.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've thought aout this also but don't see any coming in. i wish i had bought a crate of sks's back when you could. the thought of a crate of mosins's has crossed my mind.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen crates (or pictures of crates) of both SKS's and Mosins, fully loaded, used as coffee tables. Kind of unique.

Latest posts

Top Bottom