Next Cheap Milsurp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the advent of fully automatic rifles I don't think there will ever be another cheap milsurp. Even if everyone's hopes come true and we import the rifles from Korea, they won't be cheap and the ammo will still be pricey.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember back in the late 80's, dealers were selling SKS's for $49.95 a piece. I talked to one dealer that had bought a whole boxcar of them. Wish I had ponied up the cash back then.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thnk the coffee table idea is to clean 'em up first. Here's an example:

_DSC0698MosinCoffeeTable-A.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen pictures of similar crates with a full load of Russian SKS's; 10, I believe. There was a time when you could buy a crate of Russians for around $700, or maybe a little less.

I'd love to dig through a crate full looking for the elusive '49.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been said:
I cant wait till i get old and am able to say "I remember when you could get a mosin for $100 dollars"

You'll get your time in the sun. ;-)

I bet in 5 years they will go for a lot more than $100. I missed out on most of the cheap surplus rifles but I did pick up a SKS around '92 for $89. Sold it for $300 a few years back. A coworker of mine got his Garand from the CMP in the late 80s for $120.

Capo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't tell everyone about the mosin and nagant until my C&R gets approved and i get mine. Already have my 91/30 and my M1895 picked out and ready

Latest posts

Top Bottom