NFA Engraving - Huntington Fine Jewelers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With respect, once you are approoved, it is definitely not a grey area. You can not leave a serialized NFA item with anyone! It does not matter if it has a trigger or a stock or even a block of concrete going through it, it must stay in your possesion at all times. And keep in mind, you may get approved on a Monday and the ATF likes to do their mailing on Friday. What happens when an agent reads this lovely post on Tuesday, pays this gentlemen a visit on Wednesday and runs the numbers on your freshly approved SBR. One of you just may be in shackles testifying on the other's behalf in federal court.

INSTEAD.... When in doubt, err on the side of the USG!
I would ask this gentleman, and others like him, to hold your place in line with your phone number, and call you when he is ready. Then you sit with him, while he does the work.

I would think that it's the same for you guys, but I KNOW that as a federally licenced firearms manufacture, if i have someone do my engraving they MUST HAVE AN FFL. If i have someone engrave an NFA item, THEY MUST HAVE AN FFL, and if i don't want to stay while they work, they must have paid their SOT.

Just sayin'...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an NFA item until it is approved. Currently, you have MONTHS to get the engraving done before you even get close. The sky isn't falling, not yet.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. May have been a little passionate on that one, but I absolutely HATE hearing about good people going to jail because they misunderstood the law. And yes, i believe I said that, but also added that there is definitely a gap between the time you are approved and you recieve notification of said approval. I still think asking the gentleman to call you when it's your time is the best bet on this one, as they take NFA very seriously. Again, for me, I'll always err on the side of CYA.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On another note, Cold Hand Arms or the Machine Gun Shop: located inside Wilshire Gun, does engrave on site: while you wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to take away from the OP, but those sound like quite reasonable options. Additionally, I will be offering these services in Lawton in the near future as I hope to acquire a large, old school pantograph in the next couple weeks.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was told by a local gunsmith/ FFL that if you do work on other people's firearms ( any ,not limited to NFA covered arms ) that you had to have a FFL. I don't know if this is correct or not.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160625_b0b1fec0f34ae32e303966fc74d89453.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom