NFA question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes, i'm certain the receiver is registered. on the top strap by the rear sight it has "MP5 and the serial number" Fleming punched into the metal, that number agrees with the serial number on the Form 4. i agree it's not a 30K weapon, the owner wants to get as much as possible. he's currently out of the country since yesterday. i'll put it up for sale when he's going to be in town for a lengthier time, and before anyone asks, i'm doing this for him because he simply doesn't have the time or patience to deal with it. LOL i cleaned the gun and examined the trigger pack closely, no numbers on the sear. i really don't know if he has anymore NFA items or not, he dragged about 15 guns out of his safe room and had me take them, clean them, and sell them. from the batch he gathered up (and the MP5 was not one of them) all are gone but 3 pistols and some acogs. i suspect he'll unload some more on me when he gets around to it

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Machinegun guys don't start with an MP5. That's like giving a Porsche to a 16 year old. They build up to an MP5. He's got other stuff hidden away. FIND IT!

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL he's not a machine gun guy, he's got deep pockets and H&H called him when they got one in and he bought it. course he might have more, i don't know, he had me sell some very nice quality long guns and some not so nice he bought for his kids. his kids are driving now and hunt girls and don't go shoot with him anymore at his farm he bought in binger for that purpose. i'd call him a compulsive collector who tires of collecting certain things then moves on to a new hobby.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I'm really trying to find out with this thread is; would it be ok for me to list it here for sale. The weapon is not in my possession, and the owner travels so much that he's asked me to co-ordinate a sale if possible. An in state transfer would be best for everyone involved. I went to HKPR0 forum and tried to ask some questions but was most jeered at by some dude who calls himself Spartan something or another. There are a couple of guys I know who are interested, but a larger pool is always a good thing.

I don't want to break any rules or step on any toes here

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the rules would be about listing something you don't own. I don't really see a problem with it. It's not like these items are cash and carry anyway. I would resist, at least initially, getting an FFL involved in case they want to take it on consignment or some kind of commission. You will need a ballpark price for it though.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i can ever find the Form 4 pdf file there is absolutely no need for a dealer to be involved. but the atf library of forms must have it hidden somewhere cause i couldn't find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom