NFL ratings: Initial results show decline for K.C.-Houston kickoff game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you actually have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask? I would think claustrophobia or causing a panic attack would qualify. Also, I get sinus infections (have one now) and wearing a mask for more than 5 minutes really aggravates my sinuses breathing the hot damp air.

I thought you had to wear a mask into and out of the restaurant but could take it off to drink/eat.

In the article I read they said there was no fine at all. If you declined and refused to leave or caused a scene then it was trespass or disturbing the peace.

BTW, I just saw where the CDC chief said wearing a mask was more effective than a Covid19 vaccine shot for preventing the spreading/getting the china flu.

Most places we have gone to have not been harsh with the mask rules. Generally speaking, most ask that their patrons wear a mask until they are seated. The strictest one we have seen "requested" that we wear the mask until the food was delivered to the table.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Her gestapo attitude as well as the ignorance of the city ordinance as well as federal privacy laws and the constitution was uncalled for.
They're also completely irrelevant. According to your own account, she wasn't enforcing gov't regulations or ordinances, she was (at least attempting to) enforce the private property owner's rules. In short, this isn't about gov't overreach, it's about private property rights.

Look at it this way. Let's say you had a pond that, out of the goodness of your heart, you decided to open up for fishing to the OSA membership, with the condition that anyone who came there to fish had to clean up their trash when they were finished. What would you think if someone left all his beer cans and Moon Pie wrappers sitting on the pond dyke, then when you confronted him, he claimed that he had a bad back and couldn't bend over to pick it up, and that you were violating city ordinances about exceptions to littering laws for handicapped persons and HIIPA privacy laws and his fourth amendment rights?

Don't get me wrong--Queens Breea and Bynum can stick their mask mandates where the sun don't shine, but if a private property owner tells you that you have to wear a mask to enter their premises, it seems to me that an adult will either put on the mask or leave.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most places we have gone to have not been harsh with the mask rules. Generally speaking, most ask that their patrons wear a mask until they are seated. The strictest one we have seen "requested" that we wear the mask until the food was delivered to the table.
WTF is the point? What additional "safety" would that be when your seated in a room of people with no masks. Staff with the masks on their chin or under their nose? People walking by you going to the bathroom with zero masks on within 5' while being berated by the gestapo lady insisting I put on a dust mask that offered zero additional protection to me or anybody else in the room?
It's the stupidity of the entire scenario that got my blood boiling.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the stupidity of the entire scenario that got my blood boiling.
If your blood gets boiling at every stupid thing you see or hear, you are not gonna live a long and happy life.
iu

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^Exactly. There was a story in the headlines this week, researchers at University of Tennessee said that of people who have survived a heart attack, those with hostile attitude are more likely to suffer a second heart attack.

"Hostility is a personality trait that includes being sarcastic, cynical, resentful, impatient or irritable," said study author Dr. Tracey Vitori, from the University of Tennessee, in Knoxville...
"Hostility has been linked with cardiovascular disease since the 1950s, but we still don't fully understand why. Our study shows that hostility is a common trait in heart attack survivors and is associated with poor outcomes...," Vitori said.
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/202...e-you-to-a-second-heart-attack/7521600191581/

I don't want to be a hypocrite, I know I personally need to change my ways.
Haven't had a heart attack, but I want to live long enough and be healthy enough to piss off a LOT of other people.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^Exactly. There was a story in the headlines this week, researchers at University of Tennessee said that of people who have survived a heart attack, those with hostile attitude are more likely to suffer a second heart attack.

"Hostility is a personality trait that includes being sarcastic, cynical, resentful, impatient or irritable," said study author Dr. Tracey Vitori, from the University of Tennessee, in Knoxville...
"Hostility has been linked with cardiovascular disease since the 1950s, but we still don't fully understand why. Our study shows that hostility is a common trait in heart attack survivors and is associated with poor outcomes...," Vitori said.
https://www.upi.com/Health_News/202...e-you-to-a-second-heart-attack/7521600191581/

Haven't had a heart attack, but I want to live long enough and be healthy enough to piss off a LOT of other people.

Well ****! I'm screwed!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn’t read very far into the article. When I started seeing excuses being made that it wasn’t necessarily social justice/politics being the reason for the low ratings I had to get out. That is the exact reason the ratings are low. People don’t want to see that crap. They want to watch the sport. Those people are paid to play a sport, not be political.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your blood gets boiling at every stupid thing you see or hear, you are not gonna live a long and happy life.
iu
That's why I don't do falsebook or tweeter. The stupidity of the majority on there is beyond imagination.
I'm typically an even tempered person that doesn't confront most situations preferring to skate around them because life is too short, but this is the high ground I'm willing to go to battle for.
Latest studies from some scientists show face coverings may actually be contributing to the spread of the virus, while another prestigious study says masks are the way to the end of the virus. Joe Biden last night said that 65 thousand Americans would be alive today to sit down at the dinner table if Trump shut down the country just one week earlier. Biden says to always trust the science. So which science do we believe?
One just has to look at the politics of the "science" and it's easy to see nobody is telling the truth or realistically don't know the truth.
Meanwhile TB is killing more than covid. Where is the panic?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Well ****! I'm screwed!

Ha!!! I'm 74 and just getting started...

...just ask the stoners and boozers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom