Nice help from Ruger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the range the other day and had a fine time of it with my Ruger Mk III 22/45. As usual, I cleaned it when I got home. Per standard procedure, I field stripped the gun and started cleaning it.

Part of the process is to shoot the bolt with solvent to clean the gunk out. Graceful fellow that I am, I dropped the dang bolt. It promptly flew into several component parts, suffering in what in engineering terms is called a "come-apart."

I picked up the 4 separate pieces and put the bolt back together. Today, I was looking at a website that showed the disassembly of the bolt and discovered that I should have picked up 6 bits of metal. The missing two pieces were the firing pin rebound spring and guide. Dang!

These two parts are small, spring loaded, and are probably even now lying in the nether regions of my garage floor.

I called Ruger out in Arizona and explained what I needed in the way of the rebound spring and guide. The lady checked the part numbers, took my name and address, and said the parts would be in today's mail. I had my credit card out for the costs, but there was NO CHARGE!

:patriot:

Way to go Ruger!!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol... I hate it when that happens. :)

That's why I keep several paper grocery bags around. If I'm working on a gun I haven't taken down several times, I take it apart inside the bag. It makes tracking down those springs MUCH easier.

Stan

RetCapt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That's why I keep several paper grocery bags around... I take it apart inside the bag. It makes tracking down those springs MUCH easier.

Excellent idea! (In this case, it was clumsy fingers that dropped the bolt.) Small springs like the rebound spring are extremely adept at hiding on the floor too. I'll bet I'll find it in the spring when I'm moving stuff around to get ready to polish the car or something...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the range the other day and had a fine time of it with my Ruger Mk III 22/45. As usual, I cleaned it when I got home. Per standard procedure, I field stripped the gun and started cleaning it.

Part of the process is to shoot the bolt with solvent to clean the gunk out. Graceful fellow that I am, I dropped the dang bolt. It promptly flew into several component parts, suffering in what in engineering terms is called a "come-apart."

I picked up the 4 separate pieces and put the bolt back together. Today, I was looking at a website that showed the disassembly of the bolt and discovered that I should have picked up 6 bits of metal. The missing two pieces were the firing pin rebound spring and guide. Dang!

These two parts are small, spring loaded, and are probably even now lying in the nether regions of my garage floor.

I called Ruger out in Arizona and explained what I needed in the way of the rebound spring and guide. The lady checked the part numbers, took my name and address, and said the parts would be in today's mail. I had my credit card out for the costs, but there was NO CHARGE!

:patriot:

Way to go Ruger!!

This is a departure from previous parts policies, for which I commend them. Perhaps they are getting more customer friendly.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

That's why I keep several paper grocery bags around. If I'm working on a gun I haven't taken down several times, I take it apart inside the bag. It makes tracking down those springs MUCH easier.

Stan

What? I always tear everything down in 3' tall stomped down Johnson grass...... Sissies!:nutkick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom