NICS Background Check "Delay"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I worked at academy, about 2 years ago, they would not transfer without a "proceed". I have held a FFL for about 30 years,but academy wouldn't, transfer to an FFl. When I tried to buy a shotgun from them, I originally got a delayed, which was, about 3 days later, changed to a proceed. For the record I've held various gov. clearances, but never really thought they had any thing to do with it. Bottom line-- I just dont know, except this will add to my post count!!!

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is a kinda old thread but I just got back from Academy where I was excited to purchase my wife's first gun and I was put into a delay. Ive had trouble years ago when I was younger but stupid stuff (bad checks, public intoxication) but nothing violent. Ive had a clean record for many years. Never been in the military but I do have a high clearance card (TWIC card) for loading at ports and access, have hazards materials endorsement on license.

I'm a little bummed but I'll give them a call tomorrow and every day after that to see what happens.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is a kinda old thread but I just got back from Academy where I was excited to purchase my wife's first gun and I was put into a delay. Ive had trouble years ago when I was younger but stupid stuff (bad checks, public intoxication) but nothing violent. Ive had a clean record for many years. Never been in the military but I do have a high clearance card (TWIC card) for loading at ports and access, have hazards materials endorsement on license.

I'm a little bummed but I'll give them a call tomorrow and every day after that to see what happens.

They probably knew you were a straw buyer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom