Nilgai Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEFFBIGWOOD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went on a hunt in falfurrias tx. It was a blast and these animals are very tough to hunt. Took a cow and a bull. It was a blast. All taken from 140k acre free range ranch.

JEFFBIGWOOD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was shooting a suppressed 308 shooting 180 Barnes tsx. I dropped the cow in its track took out both front shoulders. I dropped the bull also but hit it with a neck shot. Went with two other guys and trust me if you don't hit them in the sweet spot they are gone. They were shooting a 7 mag and he took both front legs out on one and it still managed to get 140yds from where it was hit. They are super nervous animals and have excellent eye sight and hearing. They run at almost all sounds or sight of us. One was shot 350-400 yds out high in the shoulder it ended up taking 4 shots total to bring it down. It was a free range ranch so it was a very tough hunt. Took 2 days to take 3 bulls and one cow.

JEFFBIGWOOD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was on the cantinas ranch 30 min south of falfurrias. Only one guy is allowed to give hunts on the ranch. 140k acres of free range. It is not high fence. $750 per person per day to hunt. $1000 for bull $350 for cow. You shoot it you bought it even if it gets away. We had 3 people hunting. One of them set the deal up. We all took one bull and I took an extra cow. Shots ranged from 50-350yds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom