"No CD's Loaded" message after new head unit install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know how to get rid of the "No CDs Loaded" message in the instrument cluster after installing an aftermarket media unit? I'm having no luck on the google machine...so...who is the expert in this field?
Its an 06 Magnum SRT, factory 6 disk/nav originally, no Kicker sub.

Installed a Kenwood DMX706s, iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR to keep the steering wheel controls wired with an iDatalink HRN-RR-CH2 harness. Everything seems to be working fine...would just like to get rid of the message in the cluster.
I posted this in a platform specific forum also...but ya never know if there's a local guru here :)
Thanks!

78794860_626374851434618_6560492407824056320_n.jpg

78925857_483042662325358_1008514842870415360_n.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is the message being displayed? On your new head unit or on an existing vehicle display? If it is on the vehicle display, I would imagine there is an input voltage the computer is looking for that is a change in voltage from the voltage it sends when there is a CD present. Look on your vehicle's forum there should be someone there that has a programming fix for this. It might even be a resistance change across two wires.

Sorry, readin comprension ain't ma strong suit. The error is on your cluster. Got it. Try this place.

https://www.magnumforumz.com/showthread.php?t=1506

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated in the initial post, its saying it in the instrument cluster. The best answer I got so far was "put the factory CD player back in...it is what it is" which I dont believe. With everything thats out there, there has to be a fix available. I'm sure its something like you said...a resistor you can add somewhere, or a ground or SOMETHING.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One guy said he has the same steering wheel control module I bought and I can call that manufacturer and they will send me a file to upload to the module that will fix my issue. He said they did it for him so I hope they will do it again.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing how these common things happen at the same time.
I get into our Nissan Sedan to go to town today and the Rockford/Fosgate 6 CD changer has an error on screen that says, CD error.
Won't eject anything, won't play anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom