1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

No explanation for "warnings"?

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by tRidiot, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Pokinfun

Pokinfun The Most Interesting Man in the World

Rating
    100%
    Did his post get deleted in the Medical Marijuana thread?
    I thought he had posted informative information. As political as Medical Marijuana is, I thought the thread was very civil.
    In the past I got a warning with any reference to my offence, but the MOD did say something about me *****ing or being a *****.
    When I attempted to reference what I believed the warning was for in another thread, I got called more names for not knowing why I was warned.
    I would add that the MODS in the past did their fair share of stirring the pot, hell there was thread about that specifically. I think that has improved over the past couple of months. Every thread does not dissolve into the MODS punking all of the members.

MadDogs likes this.
  2. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I know where this came from now, and while I don't agree, at least I know. I am blunt and direct and when I feel someone is being deliberately obtuse and inflammatory, I call them out on it. Since that post was removed, I couldn't find it in my history and forgot I had posted it. However, now I at least understand where it came from, and in my opinion, if we can't stand up and tell it like it is, then I don't need to be here. Being "rude" is one thing, being abusive is something else. Either way, it's done, now.

And I have one more person to put on my /i list, because they're a tool. GOOD... that will make my experience here that much more enjoyable - assuming I don't get told to leave anyways.

MadDogs likes this.
  3. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Yes, his post was deleted. That is typically the action when a reminder or warning is given. It will stay deleted if/until the mods discuss and decide to remove the warning; in which case the post would be restored.

Not going to happen over this.

4. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I'm cool with it being gone. I really don't care, I'll never see another post by that member and never have an interaction with him. So I'm good. Thanks for the help, NK.

5. Pokinfun

Rating
    100%
    If it was aimed at me, I could careless if he insulted me. However, I think I am on his ignore list.

6. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Glad it was resolved and things are understood. I enjoy your directness, leaves no question to where you stand.

7. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Super Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    It wasn't. Not specific to this instance, it's not so much about whether the recipient is offended, as it is about dealing with members who are repeatedly offensive/rude to other members. That doesn't attract new membership, nor encourage community, nor help retain members. Again, not about this case, just in general about why the rule is there.

8. caojyn

caojyn Sharpshooter

Welcome to the club

9. Pokinfun

Rating
    100%
    I think it is getting better and the mods are doing a good job. In the past this forum became all about politics all the time. To the point of members would not discuss shooting or gun to topics because they disagreed about some political topic.
    I don't really get the ignore feature if you are going debate in the political threads. Be an adult and realize that your opinion is not better than anyone else's opinion. Hell, I would eat a meal with Ace or any of the guys that I disagree with. At least they are interested in what is happening to our nation, we have that in common.

Glocktogo likes this.
  10. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    @tRidiot, this is my fault. I forgot to post the reason in the 'reminder/warning', and therefore left you confused in this case. We typically do leave reasons and explanations there, but I dropped the ball on this one. Sorry for the confusion.