No Hog Hunting at KAW this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .02 cents worth is this just on my land.

I’ve got 4 places that my wife and I own and they all have/had hogs on them. One place is so rough that I don’t dare have a bale in the Deweze when I’m feeding cattle cause it’ll have the arms ripped off from falling in a hog wallow.

If the state ever does put a ban on killing hogs on private land, well some of ya’ll may have to post bail for me, cause I’m killing everyone I get a chance to.

The coyotes will be eating good in the neighborhood.
The state has no intention of banning the killing of feral swine on private land.

Maybe if we get lucky, someday they will ban the “sport” hunting of feral hogs statewide, which would likely still allow the landowners to kill them but prevent people from paying to play anymore. Maybe someday they will at least ban hunting hogs on public lands, until then the statewide problem will only continue to get worse.

Of course the above statements are merely my personal opinions...

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The state has no intention of banning the killing of feral swine on private land.

Maybe if we get lucky, someday they will ban the “sport” hunting of feral hogs statewide, which would likely still allow the landowners to kill them but prevent people from paying to play anymore. Maybe someday they will at least ban hunting hogs on public lands, until then the statewide problem will only continue to get worse.

I love the state "allowing" a landowner to do as he sees fit with his own property. Y'all crack me up.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the state "allowing" a landowner to do as he sees fit with his own property. Y'all crack me up.
Yes im cracked up too...as a landowner you should be able to do whatever you want on your property regardless of laws...like cook meth, harvest game out of season, build nuclear weapons, and the list goes on and on. Your freedoms are slowly being diminished.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes im cracked up too...as a landowner you should be able to do whatever you want on your property regardless of laws...like cook meth, harvest game out of season, build nuclear weapons, and the list goes on and on. Your freedoms are slowly being diminished.

Yep. A government that doesn't respect property rights won't respect any other rights.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I believe I said in my post “If the state ever does”. I don’t think they ever would do this, but I was just stating my personal opinion as well.

As far as me killing hogs on land I own it’s not sport hunting, it is to try to keep them from damaging any more of my Bermuda grass than they have already. Again this is just my .02 cents worth on the land my wife and I own.

I do agree that there shouldn't be any wild hogs transported anywhere, once trapped they need to be given a high speed lead injection.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe I said in my post “If the state ever does”. I don’t think they ever would do this, but I was just stating my personal opinion as well.

As far as me killing hogs on land I own it’s not sport hunting, it is to try to keep them from damaging any more of my Bermuda grass than they have already. Again this is just my .02 cents worth on the land my wife and I own.

I do agree that there shouldn't be any wild hogs transported anywhere, once trapped they need to be given a high speed lead injection.
I can't see where I disputed anything you've said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom