NON 1911 .45acp CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starting the search for a new winter carry piece. Thinking 45 . Maybe HK or ??? Prefer da/sa. Interested in recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Starting the search for a new winter carry piece. Thinking 45 . Maybe HK or ??? Prefer da/sa. Interested in recommendations.

My choice would be a CZ 97 or older Sig P220 with some work on it if limited to .45 ACP and DA/SA.

If a striker fired is allowed, I’m pretty fond of my M&P 45s and the Glock 21/41s.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would be hard pressed to beat a HK.

Ever owned or shot one Jimmy? I have NO experience at all with them. They always get good reviews though. I am most familiar with Sig and Glock. Would prefer non-striker. Nine or ten round capacity (winter).

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the last 55 years or so I have owned or shot almost every .45 made. It's been my favorite caliber since MP school in 1961. The best striker fired (IMO) was a SIG P320 compact followed by the Glock 30S. But, I don't care for striker fired guns. I'm too old to like plastic guns. Spent way too much $$ getting to where I am today. My absolute favorites at the range are my two Dan Wesso 1911s but I only rarely carry my lw CCO sized one. My carry all year long is a SIG and my favorite is the current P220R, stock except for aftermarket grips. I had some of the fancy ones but none shot or felt as good as this one. Sometimes I have to carry my P220R compact.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the last 55 years or so I have owned or shot almost every .45 made. It's been my favorite caliber since MP school in 1961. The best striker fired (IMO) was a SIG P320 compact followed by the Glock 30S. But, I don't care for striker fired guns. I'm too old to like plastic guns. Spent way too much $$ getting to where I am today. My absolute favorites at the range are my two Dan Wesso 1911s but I only rarely carry my lw CCO sized one. My carry all year long is a SIG and my favorite is the current P220R, stock except for aftermarket grips. I had some of the fancy ones but none shot or felt as good as this one. Sometimes I have to carry my P220R compact.

What is your opinion of the Sig P227?