Non-resident conceal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking the utah non-resident conceal class and i was wondering about the legalities of using it here in oklahoma ? just from looking i see it is a cheaper license and it has some other perks but i dont wanna get caught carrying illegally. any feed back would be helpful

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you may use the Utah non resident in Oklahoma.

You are aware that some states you may travel to will not honor a non resident permit correct?

That is the only potential drawback at the current time.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes you may use the Utah non resident in Oklahoma.

You are aware that some states you may travel to will not honor a non resident permit correct?

That is the only potential drawback at the current time.

that is correct. Not all states recognize it or a non resident in general.

It is cheaper and about the same time frame here lately.

Perfectly legal and there are some certified instructors here on this board

skippy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks guys im not real worried about going to other states with it as i dont travel much. but i just wanna make sure it was legal before i spent the money on it. it does seem to have a few perks that the ok license does not have.

kstewart

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking the utah non-resident conceal class and i was wondering about the legalities of using it here in oklahoma ? just from looking i see it is a cheaper license and it has some other perks but i dont wanna get caught carrying illegally. any feed back would be helpful

I generally try to stay out of these type of discussions, but I think you may want to check a little closer. As a CCW Instructor and a police officer I have some concerns with the non-residentt licenses. There is more to conceal carry than just getting a license. I'm concerned that these non-resident licenses are not teaching OKlahoma law. The oklahoma concealed carry course is packed with OKla. specific laws that all CCW holders need to know and NO not all laws are the same for CCW from one state to another. Not sure what a non-resident license cost but you usually can get an OKla. class and license for just under $200 thats good for 5 years. Sometimes money is not everything, just my two cents worth!

I think Okla. has a good class and I believe those teaching it across the state add their own experiences that make the class worth taking. Some even use attorneys to teach their legal part. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I generally try to stay out of these type of discussions, but I think you may want to check a little closer. As a CCW Instructor and a police officer I have some concerns with the non-residentt licenses. There is more to conceal carry than just getting a license. I'm concerned that these non-resident licenses are not teaching OKlahoma law. The oklahoma concealed carry course is packed with OKla. specific laws that all CCW holders need to know and NO not all laws are the same for CCW from one state to another. Not sure what a non-resident license cost but you usually can get an OKla. class and license for just under $200 thats good for 5 years. Sometimes money is not everything, just my two cents worth!

I think Okla. has a good class and I believe those teaching it across the state add their own experiences that make the class worth taking. Some even use attorneys to teach their legal part. Good luck with whatever you decide.

The instructor I used gave real world examples covered some oklahoma law and I think everyone gained something from the class. He encouraged getting a copy of the SDA and such for Oklahoma and reading up as he can't cover everything.

As mentioned the instructor for mine is a member here out of Tulsa.

@OP if interested in who it is feel free to PM me.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what's the difference/perks?

thanks guys im not real worried about going to other states with it as i dont travel much. but i just wanna make sure it was legal before i spent the money on it. it does seem to have a few perks that the ok license does not have.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stress Oklahoma law (SDA) I feel if you use a permit either OK or UT you should read the entire SDA at least once per year. But my class is not limited only to the SDA, so you get more information about conceal carry. I also encourage you to take a class from the place YOU feel most comfortable with.

Next (Tulsa) class is March 20th at 9am (PM for details)

Safe Home consulting

10 Reasons why people take My Non-Resident Utah CCW class
1. Valid in Oklahoma
2. Valid if you move from Oklahoma
3. Valid for 5 years
4. Valid with semi-auto and revolver
5. $10 renewal
6. Mailed to your home
7. NO shooting required for UT Permit
8. Fingerprint and Notary service done at class
9. No appointment's with sheriff required
10. Provides you with the ability to carry your firearm IAW the law.

Allow Approx. 4 hrs for class

Oklahoma Shooter members are $60... (regular price $65)

$60 for instructor
$65.25 paid to state of Utah
$125.25

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I generally try to stay out of these type of discussions, but I think you may want to check a little closer. As a CCW Instructor and a police officer I have some concerns with the non-residentt licenses. There is more to conceal carry than just getting a license. I'm concerned that these non-resident licenses are not teaching OKlahoma law.

I took the OK class, but carry with a Virginia non-resident. My OK class was all VA needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom