Nonresident holiday antlerless season??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve got a buddy who wants to hunt this season from outta state. What does he need? Can nonresidents even participate? I’ve poured over the regulations book and I don’t see a holiday option for nonrez for that season nor do I see where it states a regular gun permit is what a nonrez needs for that season.

Am I missing something?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A holiday antlerless license is not offered to Non residents.
I looked myself and did not find one.
If he is active duty military stationed in the US then he/she qualifies as a resident ..but you probably knew that

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because they don't mention it in the booklet or online, doesn't mean they can't. It may have just been omitted by accident. Call the Wildlife department for clarification.
I can't see any reason someone can't get a non-resident hunting license, buy a tag and go kill two does. (My opinion doesn't make it legal and I stand to be corrected.)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I could be wrong, bit IIRC, the holiday does don’t count toward the season aggregate. It may be a bonus just for residents.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s hilarious nobody seems to know the answer to this question!! I’ll contact the odwc on Monday and find out. I’m still shocked it’s not in the book. It’s not in last years book either or listed anywhere online I can find. Surely I’m not the first to pose this question!? Holiday season has been around for going on 20 years now!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it hilarious?
It’s not our jobs to do your research. We offered some help with the knowledge that we had as residents in good faith.
Here is where you can do your own research along with a disclaimer from the ODW that the online booklet and the hard copy in stores are for reference only and is just an interpretative summary.
Titles 29 and 800 are available online as well.
IMG_2158.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom