Not a knife......but a sword

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xring33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0850.jpg

Picked this up a little while ago. It’s the real deal. Wife’s dad served in occupation of Japan in ‘46 and ‘47. He passed in ‘53 from cancer. I thought mounting the 48 star flag above the Samurai sword would be a tribute to both combatants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. Would you post some more pics of it, sheathed and unsheathed please? I'd also like to know more about the making of this, what is the handle made of for example?

akgriffin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
man that is a item....the US destroyed so many heirloom swords. It is nice to see one saved and here in oklahoma. I would wonder if the man who owned it is still alive.. i would love to know what that says.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
man that is a item....the US destroyed so many heirloom swords. It is nice to see one saved and here in oklahoma. I would wonder if the man who owned it is still alive.. i would love to know what that says.
I have a Japanese flag I gave to my son with the gun and bayonet that has good luck sayings and symbols written all over it. I want to know what it says too.
It looks like this one. Apparently they were given as a blessing and good luck to their soldiers going off to war.
523726d1370836679-imperial-japanese-hinomaru-yosegaki-flag-wwii-japanese-flag-5.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom