[not so] elusive Centennial....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A long time ago when I was but a wee little lad, I saw a S&W 642 and said that I would have one someday. Well I have bought a few guns over the years but never did get that elusive (yet easily obtainable) Smith Centennial.

Until today. Thanks to another OSA member who came along at just the right time with just the right deal. I am now a proud Centennial owner. S&W 642 NO LOCK!

Here she is. She will either ride in my waistband or an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P3240007.jpg

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_galco_ankleglove.jpg

I have two. One for my G27 and one for the j-frame. I've never needed the extra calf strap. Great holster, once you get used to it (couple days) you forget its there most of the time

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had S&W revolvers before as well as other brands such as Taurus etc. Maybe it because I have never owned a circa 2000 or newer revolver but this sweetheart has a DAMN NICE TRIGGER. The staging is almost like a single action. It is smooth as butter with a distinct "notch" right before it breaks that you can hold as long as you want to then let it drop with an ever so slight increase in presssure.

Can you tell I like this thing?

Besides my regular IWB hoster I bought an Unlce Mikes pocket holster and it works well as long as you have deep pockets. I bought the size 4 even though the package recommends size 3 for small revolvers. It just fits down in the size 4 holster a little better than the size 3.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_308.jpg

BC

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A long time ago when I was but a wee little lad, I saw a S&W 642 and said that I would have one someday. Well I have bought a few guns over the years but never did get that elusive (yet easily obtainable) Smith Centennial.

Until today. Thanks to another OSA member who came along at just the right time with just the right deal. I am now a proud Centennial owner. S&W 642 NO LOCK!

Here she is. She will either ride in my waistband or an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P3240007.jpg

That is purrty. I keep my 442 in an uncle mikes pocket holster and like it.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread I will use this one to ask everyone what color/style wood would look best on this stainless beauty.

I really like the Secret Service grips.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom