notified by CMP IHC field grade available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavrick528

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good example - you might check the barrel numbers yourself, as the CMP hang tag numbers sometimes are pessimistic. They use gauges that get worn down from constant insertion, so the numbers can be a bit high. Too bad the stock doesn't have IHC markings, as that item alone is the most expensive to correct aside of the barreled receiver. I assume you did check the barrel channel of the stock for an alphanumeric code? At least you got an IHC op rod and bolt, and the trigger group is easily corrected if you want to go that route. Can you post pics of the rifle, please?

..Yah very true on the tag numbers versus checking yourself.....My IHC I bought from CMP earlier this year had a tag measurement of 2/3 it turned out more like 1/2 using the same tools as CMP......My field grade with LMR barrel was all matching IHC except stock and safety...Luckily I had an IHC safety in one of my other CMP rifles so I traded them out, but sure wish I could find an IHC stock to buy!.....I had heard the field grades had more matching parts then the service grades...anyway congrats guys!

filbert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been trying to post some pictures, but I was looking at my permissions and read where I am not allowed to post attachments. Is a picture considered and attachment?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wonder if you have to have 20 posts in order to post an attachment. Have you tried a free photo hosting site like Photobucket or Imgur? Then you can post the link here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom