Nov 21st, Carrygun Match @ Heartland, Snubby State Championship, New Rules, etc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammer

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
2300 N Lincoln Blvd, OKlahoma City, OK 73105
You can shoot any gun in lo cap just down load you mags.

Sub compact has to have a barrel length less than 3.5" as per the rules.

Lo cap is a pretty competitive division with at least 10 shooters.

Sub compact usually only has Wes and Shannon shooting in it but they are both very good shooters. You would finish top 3 for sure;)

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to come out and give this a try sometime. I've never shot pistols in competition, only trap and skeet. So are these events beginner friendly? What all do i need to bring, and when you say normal gear, do you mean concealed type holsters, owb, iwb, duty gear or what? I would probably be shooting my g22 or my snubbie.

jtischauser.

Marksman
Reaction score
They are very newbie friendly. This match has more first time shooters than any other match that I have been to in the area. You can shoot whatever you have as long as you have a holster and two mags or two speedloaders. Having extra mags and/or speedloaders are a plus. The match emphasizes carry gun use but I have shot just about everything I own at it.

jaketinaboxer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where would one keep spare mags durring the shoot? On my rig i have mag pouches, but with my off duty holster i don't keep spares on me. And i dont have two speed loaders for the lcr yet so i guess that one is out of question.

jtischauser.

Marksman
Reaction score
A lot of first time shooters carry them in the back pocket or borrow mag holders from other shooters. I have a bunch for glock mags that I can loan you. I also have 3-4 each of the HKS speed loaders for a 5 and 6 shot snubby that your welcome to try put too. I carried the speed loaders by tucking one bullet behind my belt. David E who runs the match makes some great mag pouches or speed loader pouches too. You may have heard of his company, KyTac?

Latest posts

Top Bottom