Now the waiting game begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pics will be forthcoming, I trust? :wink2: Is this your first M1?

Yes, it's my first. I feel like a proud father awaiting my first child. I will have pics and details soon. However, headed out this morning for hunting grounds in north central OK to ready it for upcoming primative firearms season (mowing, setting game cams, stands and feeders).

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's my first. I feel like a proud father awaiting my first child. I will have pics and details soon. However, headed out this morning for hunting grounds in north central OK to ready it for upcoming primative firearms season (mowing, setting game cams, stands and feeders).

Hopefully they'll send you a good one with an LMR barrel! My first M1 was a Danish return with a VAR barrel, which went to a fellow OSA member. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my next CMP purchase - one of the IHC's they're supposedly releasing for sale later this fall. It'll depend on their pricing structure.

Have fun prepping for the hunts!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It came, it came! I will post pics of it tomorrow.

Actually, 2 came but I was honest and let them know they screwed up. It would have been great to get 2 for 1 but not my style. :D

Looking forward to the pics! Please show the innards as well - trigger group, barrel and op rod markings, etc.

And they sent you two M1's by mistake?? You may want to check the balance on your credit card just in case they thought you wanted two, and billed you for the second one as well :)

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you picked the best one.

You know, this reminded me of the incident a few weeks ago when someone ordered a Springfield Service Grade from the CMP, and they sent him an International Harvester M1 by mistake :shocked: It was a mixmaster IHC, but still worth half again what he paid for the Springfield M1. Come to think of it, I don't know if he sent it back or not to get the order corrected :wink2:

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the last IHC they sold on the auction page around may? it went for a touch over 3k i think. Made me feel REALLY good about my IHC that I picked up last fall from a friend of a friend. It came from cmp got the cert and all. I love it i want another one already. I'm thinkin a H&R next. Post pics !!!!

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I first realized I had 2 of them I thought this is awesome. I got an H&R and a Springfield. That lasted all of a few seconds before I did the right thing and sent an email to customer service. CMP wouldn't have likely ever figured it out but I would have known. I always tell my kids that honesty and your word is what defines you as a person. I'm going over to a buddy's place to have him show me the ins and outs of the M1. I will take a few pics and post em up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom