1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Now what do I do?? I need help..

Discussion in 'Firearms Chat' started by Catt57, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Camo

Camo Sharpshooter

2. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So, OP Have you decided what barrel length you are going with?

3. ssgrock3

ssgrock3 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Personally no, you can shoot any 5.56 and .223 in any chamber; .223, 5.56. The difference is so minimal it is ridiculous. Don’t believe the hype. Shoot it and find out for yourself. Imi 5.56 is higher quality and more consistent, but .223 wolf kills you just as dead. For really anything, however imho 5.56 in quality brands, just seems to be a better, more consistent round. In load, priming, everything.

Not to say a failure to fire makes any round trash. To say so is a joke. I have had failures in the military many times, if you shoot enough you will have them. If you want precision anything, reload, if you want fun and minute of man accuracy, then most ammo will meet your need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swampratt likes this.
  4. JR777

JR777 Sharpshooter

Yea I've gotta say I've been around for quite some time and have never seen any evidence of 5.56 ever causing problems in .223 chambers. There was always that fear of the perfect storm, but if it were possible seems like it would have happened by now. I think any halfway decent modern firearm is so overbuilt that it precludes it from being possible.

Also agree that there's nothing wrong with Russian steel case .223. That's usually what I shoot, and I've never had any issues with it, other than the usual short stroking, which is fixed by a quick buffer change.